There are currently eight universities operating in Wales, all of which receive funding from the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales (HEFCW).
In 2016–2017 global rankings, four Welsh universities (Aberystwyth, Bangor, Cardiff and Swansea) featured in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings (covering a total of 981 institutions, 91 from the UK); the same four also featured in the QS World University Rankings (916 institutions, 71 from the UK); while Bangor and Cardiff are in the Academic Ranking of World Universities (500 institutions, 37 from the UK). No Welsh university features in the top 100 of any of the global tables, although Cardiff makes the top 200 in all three.
All Welsh universities are public universities funded by the Welsh Government through HEFCW, with an allocation of just under £120M in 2016–2017, covering teaching and research. Welsh universities also charge tuition fees, capped at £9,000 per year for UK and EU students on undergraduate courses, although international students and postgraduate students may pay more.
Alphabetically list of university in Wales
This list of universities in Sweden is based on the Higher Education Ordinance of 1993 (as amended until January 2006).
The Swedish higher education system differentiates between universitet and högskola (university and university college respectively). The universities are research-oriented and may award Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctor’s degrees in many academic fields, whereas the högskolor usually are more focused on applied sciences, and only have limited rights granting doctor’s degrees.
Alphabetically list of university in Sweden
This list of universities in Switzerland lists all 12 Swiss universities (10 cantonal universities and 2 federal institutes of technology) and a number of public Swiss Universities of Applied Sciences and other education institutions, as higher education institutions. The Swiss law on publicly financed universities, the Swiss University Conference and its accreditation body the CRUS-OAQ is responsible for their recognition according to the Federal Higher Education Act, HEdA.
Alphabetically list of university in Switzerland
- List of University in Switzerland
- Public University
- Public University of Applied Sciences
- Private University of Applied Sciences
- Higher Education Institutions
- Conservatorio della Svizzera italiana, Lugano
- Conservatoire de Musique de Genève, Geneva
- Dipartimento Ambiente, Costruzioni e Design, Canobbio
- École cantonale d’art de Lausanne (ECAL), Lausanne (part of the HES-SO)
- Ecole cantonale d’art du Valais, Sierre
- Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva, IHEID
- Haute école d’arts appliqués Arc, La Chaux-de-Fonds (part of the HES-SO)
- Haute école d’arts et de design, Geneva (part of the HES-SO)
- Haute école de musique de Lausanne – HEMU (part of the HES-SO)
- Hochschule der Künste Berne, Bern (part of the BFH)
- Hochschule für Gestaltung und Kunst, Basel (part of the FHNW)
- Hochschule für Musik (Basel) und Schola Cantorum Basiliensis (part of the FHNW)
- Hochschule Luzern – Design & Kunst, Musik (part of the HSLU)
- Scuola Teatro Dimitri, Verscio (part of the SUPSI)
- Stiftung Universitäre Fernstudien Schweiz, Brig / Fondation Formation universitaire à distance, Suisse à Brigue
- Zürcher Hochschule der Künste (part of the ZFH)
- Universities of Teacher Education
- The following cantonal schools are recognized: Graubünden, Bern Jura and Neuchâtel, Fribourg, Nordwestschweiz (Teilschule der FHNW), Rorschach, St. Gallen, Schaffhausen, Thurgau, Vaud, Wallis, Zentralschweiz, Zürich (Teilschule der ZFH)
- Alta Scuola Pedagogica Ticino
- Interkantonale Hochschule für Heilpädagogik Zürich
- Schweize Hochschule für Logopädie Rorschach SHLR
- Eidgenössisches Hochschulinstitut gemäss Berufsbildungsgesetz (BBG), Art. 48
- Eidgenössisches Hochschulinstitut für Berufsbildung, EHB
- Federal Institute
- Swiss Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training, SFIVET
All the higher tertiary state-accredited Universities and Technological Educational Institutes TEIs in Greece are public university. The duration of the undergraduate degree programme for most disciplines is 4 years (full-time) equivalent to Honours Bachelor’s Degree (240 E.C.T.S, ISCED 6), and postgraduate studies full time or part time, equivalent to a Master’s degree (ISCED 7).
Programme in engineering, dentistry, pharmacology, agronomics, forestry, along with some programmes in fine arts, is 5 years (240 E.C.T.S – 300 E.C.T.S, ISCED Level 6). Medicine is the only discipline with a duration of studies of 6 years.
Alphabetically list of university in Greece
This is a list of universities in the country Georgia. For a listing within the U.S. state of Georgia, refer to List of colleges and universities in Georgia (U.S. state).
Alphabetically list of university in Georgia
Education in Bulgaria is overseen by the Ministry of Education and Science. Education is compulsory until age of 16. Education at state-owned schools is free of charge, except for the higher education schools, colleges and universities.
Alphabetically list of university in Bulgaria